Instructions to obtain college credit from National Hispanic University
The National Hispanic University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
These professional development units are not part of a degree program but are primarily used for professional advancement. Participants should seek approval of appropriate district or college officials before enrolling in these courses to satisfy any degrees, state credentials, or local school district requirements.
To obtain 3 CEU "pass/fail" credits:
- Enroll in ELT Advantage course and complete it, and pass the course final exam.
- Print out TESOL Certificate of completion after passing the exam. (You will only be able to print the Certificate if you pass the final exam. You have one chance to pass the final exam (60%).
- Print out and complete the National Hispanic University Continuing Education Application.
Click below on the title of your course for the correct form:
- An Introduction to Language Assessment in the K-12 Classroom
- An Introduction to Task-based Teaching
- An Introduction to Teaching ESL/EFL
- Assessing Language Ability in Young Adults and Adults
- Teaching Lexically
- Content-based Instruction for Language Learners
- Making the Most of Learner Dictionaries
- Practical ideas for the Adult ESL/EFL Classroom
- Pursuing Professional Development
- Teaching ESL/EFL Reading
- Indicate the National Hispanic University course number on your Certificate. See list.
- Mail a copy of the TESOL Certificate, the National Hispanic University Continuing Education Application for your course, with a check for $214 (includes transcript fee) to National Hispanic University as follows:
Dr. Kathy Hess
National Hispanic University
14271 Story Road
San Jose CA 95127
For further information about National Hispanic University, please visit: http://www.nhu.edu.
Return to the ELT Advantage Online Instruction Center to complete your enrollment in your ELT Advantage online course. http://eltadvantage.heinle.com/