Instructions to obtain college credit from Anaheim University
Anaheim University is a pioneering online institution of higher learning, founded in Orange County, California in 1996. The University operates under the approval of the State of California in accordance with the requirements set forth by the Bureau for Private Post-Secondary and Vocational Education and is authorized to grant graduate degrees at the master level under the degree-granting authority of the Bureau for Private Post-Secondary and Vocational Education.
Those who successfully complete any TWO Heinle ELT Advantage courses with a grade of B (80%) or higher and meet the admission requirements of Anaheim University will be awarded four units in transfer towards the Anaheim University EDU 500 Second Language Teaching and Learning course, which is one of the ten courses and thesis required for completion of the Anaheim University online MA in TESOL program.
To apply the credit of two Heinle Cengage ELT Advantage courses towards the Anaheim University Online MA in TESOL degree program:
1) Confirm that you meet the entrance requirements of Anaheim Universityâ€™s MA in TESOL program by going to: http://www.anaheim.edu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=66&Itemid=80
2) Enroll in ELT Advantage course, complete it, and pass the course final exam.
***IMPORTANT: NOTIFY HEINLE THAT YOU ARE TAKING THE COURSE FOR ANAHEIM UNIVERSITY CREDIT*** Send e-mail to Phyllis.Dobbins@cengage.com indicating your courses, and starting dates, so that your grades can be reported.
3) Print out the TESOL certificate of completion after passing the exam. (You will only be able to print the Certificate if you pass the final exam. You have one chance to pass the final exam (60%).)
4) Print out and complete the Anaheim University Application form: http://www.anaheim.edu/images/pdf/admissions_app.pdf
5) Follow the application steps listed on the Anaheim University website at:
6) When writing the brief (300 - 400 word) statement setting out why you have selected the Anaheim University program, please state the titles of the two (2) Heinle Cengage ELT Advantage Courses that you completed and wish to use for credit towards the Anaheim University MA in TESOL.
7) Students transferring credit from the Heinle Cengage ELT Advantage Courses will be required to pay a transfer fee of $125 per credit (totaling $250 per two-unit course)
For further information about Anaheim University, please visit:
For further information about the Anaheim University online MA in TESOL degree program, please see: